We are very proud of the fact that we can work with a very enthusiastic and ‘gezellig’ team of volunteers every year: without you the exhibition wouldn’t be possible! That’s why we put a lot of time and care into prepping volunteers, trainings and meetings. Apart from learning about the photo’s and running an exhibition, it is super fun to join us: you’ll meet lots of new people. And who knows which (famous) photographer or ‘industry professional’ you’ll walk into during the exhibition!
From September 9th till December 2nd Stichting Wereld Pers Foto Groningen (WPFG) will bring the world famous World Press Photo exhibition to Groningen for the 15th time. Leading up to the exhibition you will be following fun and extensive trainings; during the exhibition you will be gaining work experience as part of a wonderful team; and we will conclude this edition with an evaluation and drinks.
Because Groningen is becoming more and more international, there will also be several positions available for people who don’t speak Dutch (yet): you can apply for the hospitality, promotion and production team. This is why the trainings will also be given (partly) in English. Language no problem; everybody can join!
When joining the production team you’ll get the opportunity to work under instructions of one of the World Press Photo Exhibition curators and help build up the exhibition. You will learn a lot about how to handle the exhibition panels and how the exhibition is organized. You will help with building and dismantling the main location and some other events. Besides that, there will be some cleaning and storing chores and technical jobs for the handy people. The production coordinator will guide you in these tasks, which will let you gain a lot of technical knowledge. Language no problem.
We are looking for easy-going people who can communicate with a very diverse audience. Interests in arts and culture, hospitality and an open attitude are important. If you are interested, there is also an option to help out with the Kids Corner. Kids Corner shifts are every saturday and sunday from 13.00 till 17.00. Please note you need to speak Dutch for this position. If you aren’t sure your level of Dutch is up to standards for this particular job, just get in touch and we’ll figure it out together.
- enthusiastic and dynamic organisation which values its volunteers;
- the opportunity to be part of an ideological initiative and a fun team of volunteers;
- the opportunity to develop yourself and gain relevant work experiences;
- the opportunity to meet (famous) photographers and the opportunity to expand your network with partner-organisations and photographers;
- the opportunity to participate in the training programs for education volunteers to give guided tours of the exhibition;
- a look behind the scenes of a cultural event with over 5000 visitors each year;
- free entrance to all WPFG events, including the VIP opening, guided tours and lectures;
- a letter of recommendation on behalf of WPFG (provided that you finished the training program);
- an invitation to the closing party for volunteers in December.